Monday, November 5, 2007

Oracle Application Server 10g

How do I love thee, let me count the ways.... Zero. How does Oracle love me? Let's make the analogy that its very close to me; its the glass that has shattered and burrowed itself under my skin. I won't go into the details here but if I thought I was going to be bored tonight I was wrong. Sorry for the negative attitude, but man.......

Let's just put it into context. Their last user manager for JDeveloper (the development tool) which you would deploy onto the Application Server.....doesn't let you have 'or' in the name. It's not like I can create an error that states "Please change your user name so it does not contain 'or'" (If you can't tell....I'm just speaking of the two letters - not with quotes). This is what they call a production version to be deployed on our live servers!!

If you want an app server that is stable, try something else. If Microsoft made a J2EE server I would actually suggest that. <shudder> On to the rest of my evening.......

2 comments:

Hobster said...

and he does it! And the crowd are going wild!!!


other than that, that pretty well sucks.

Alas, poor Yorrick, I knew him well--sadly he cannot be an Oracle user....

Alex Michael said...

vewwwy nicely done.

On a plus note, ABC News was reporting over $4.2 million for Ron Paul. I've been looking and finally a national news coverage on the day!!